Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Beautiful Girl and an Oklahoma Sky

If you leave a painting with me long enough, I am going to fool with it again.  Such is the case with this one.  In my adult painting class I usually start with a master painting so that I can teach the principles of measuring, glazing and such.  My students ( and I ) must change the hair, costume and background to make it our own.  This came from one of those demos.  I worked on the sky a little more as I love to put a dramatic, Oklahoma sky in my portraits.  Anyways unless this painting is sold on my ebay auction, it will be going to join the exhibit of my work in a one woman show at the State Capital Bldg later this month where it will be priced at around $400 or so.  Until then, check it out in my ebay auction and visit my ebay gallery.

No comments: