Friday, June 14, 2013

A naturalist's Desk

It takes a great class to get me out of my comfort zone.  I open the discussion for themes for our next painting and ask for students to bring things from home.  I love that because It gets me away from my own still life stuff and opens me up to new ideas AND gets the class involved in setting up their own painting.  I actually set up the painting but with lots of input from students... Eventually they will need to be able to set them up from scratch and come up w decent compositions so It helps to give them some practice at that in a setting where they can get input from me.  Anyways this is what we came up with using an old drawing from my house, branches gathered in the woods by me, some of my favorite stones and pencil box.  Students brought bird nest, eggs, back drop, glass vase and a few other things that didn't make it into my painting.  This is on auction this week through ebay
I have written a full color book on the process of painting a painterly still life in oils and have several teaching DVDs in my Blog.

To Bid

No comments: