Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dogwoods 11x14

I had the pleasure of attending a workshop this weekend given by Jo Anna Arnett as she was one of the featured artists at the Gilcrease Museum for their annual big show.  Over the weekend we had the opportunity to both paint outside in the beautiful grounds at the Gilcrease and painted still life sketches as well inside.  This is one of the sketches that I did this weekend.  I brought it home and did a bit more finishing details on it and here it is.  She uses a little bit different method for painting flowers which I enjoyed learning and will enjoy playing around with a bit.  I have this on auction on ebay this week or you can buy it now here for $125.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Margaret,
I have taken workshops with Joanna Arnett. She is one of my "favorite" artists! And such a giving teacher.
The Dogwood flowers in your painting are excellent! It is worth more than what you are asking just for the flowers.
michele greene TEXAS Prov. 25:11