Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This is the last one in a series of cedars paintings that I have done. This one is 8x10 on stretched canvas and framed with a simple slat frame. I don't know how many times I have passed this scene before being struck by the beauty one day as I drove home from painting class. Perhaps it is the painting that helps us to be open to seeing the beauty of the things that surround us? Anyways..... This is a little hill side that sits right off the highway next to the college that is near my house. I loved how the deep shadows filled the unusually bright hillside. It was at the gloaming of the day. My favorite time! I drove by, turned the car around and parked long enough to create a lovely little painting. It will be on my ebay site this week. If you are interested you may write me or go directly to bid on it at midwest-fine-art.com

No comments: