Monday, November 01, 2021

After Dan Gerhertz


 This is a painting I did after looking for inspiration on the Internet. One of my favorite painters is the American artist, Dan Gearhart‘s. I first saw his work at the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa Oklahoma years ago and admired his use of color and his beautiful brushstrokes. Sometimes the best way to learned someone’s technique is to use a painting of theirs and closely observe their techniques. It may not be quite as easy for those who haven’t painted before but this keeps me from having to travel long distances and pay a lot of money for lessons with the masters. What I ended up with is my own version of this painting. Just a note of caution you should not sell these pieces if they are after a living artist andThey should always be marked with the words after, in this case, Dan Gerhertz, and then your own name, or copy of..,,..and then your name


No comments: