Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The first in a series of local/regional musicians... unfinished yet.Samantha Crain

This isn't quite finished and the photo isn't showing the greens properly but you get the idea.  This is the first coat.  I am working on a little series of local/regional musicians.  They are all 6x6 oils.  Both of my sons are musicians... Jesse Aycock  and Dylan Aycock 
( the Doldrums ) and my husband is also a musician and runs the local NPR radio show, Folk Salad  So I have lots of inspiration.  This photo is Samantha Crain You all should check out their music.  It is amazing!  Anyways, back to the paintings.... I am tweeking the pics w Photo Shop first and then drawing the tweeked photos onto canvas and then painting them.  Every now and then I need a little break from the florals which I will be painting like crazy since it has been raining for a solid week here and we are set for more.  There was a break yesterday long enough for me to go out and gather armloads of Iris, Peonies and Roses.  Boy does it smell good in my house!  Gotta get back to the painting.  If you know someone who would like a little photo of them painted in this manner.... send them to me.  I am thinking of charging $60 ea.  You may visit my online gallery at http://midwest-fine-art.com  and my blog at http://margaretaycock.blogspot.com

No comments: