Monday, January 15, 2007

South Carolina Fruit Stand, Oil 6x6


On my bi-annual trip back to the beach I cataloged my trip with my camera so that I could paint those nice warm beach figures in my Oklahoma winter. Next best thing to a hot cup of coco to warm a person up. We stopped on the way home to get an ice cream cone at a roadside stand. I loved the bright colors of all the fruit. They went well with all of my bright beach figure paintings. Anyways this one is here for bid on ebay this week. I really liked the way it turned out and tried taking a photo of it w both of my digital cameras, with and without a flash, each one with different results and neither one really captured it. It is a little brighter than the photo here and the left side box isn't so blue as it shows up here. It is a bit greyer. Everything is a bit sharper yet looks very impressionistic. This is a bit more complicated than my one object paintings and starts at a higher price. It is a winner. ( in my humble opinion ) Starts at $99 midwest-fine-art

No comments: