Sunday, April 09, 2017

Foragers

I was playing around with this painting today and as I was scrolling through my many paintings I began to notice how many paintings I had done with woman foraging.  I never intended to paint all these paintings but I guess you gravitate towards things you love and they show up in your work whether you mean them to or not.  I love to forage, take walks and explore the wild places.  I am committed to the preservation of our gifts of land, water, air and of course the biodiversity that sustains us.

Herbalist outstanding in her field.... or is she out standing in her field?  ;-)  Either way... This is my friend, Louise who had visited my house and gotten a little chilly as she went out to my garden to see what I had growing out there, and borrowed my red shawl.... and no, this isn't a painting of my garden.  I combined a couple of photos to create this painting.  Since I love to forage and ramble around the fields around our home, I decided to put her in a field of flowers.
To visit this painting in my ebay auction and hang out in my ebay gallery, CLICK HERE


Here are some more paintings along those same lines






No comments: