Sunday, April 06, 2014

A Day in the Life....

After a leisurely attended breakfast, newspaper and coffee, my husband and I went off to attend an interesting discussion at Trinity Church downtown. The day is cloudy and the once lovely spring temperature has steadily dropped throughout the day which is ok by us as it will keep me out of the garden and free me up to paint.  Did I say "keep me out of the garden?"  Well I meant to say that I went out and picked the day's salad greens and threw in a few red bud tree blossoms for good measure, and put up my garden tools just in time before it started to sprinkle.

Looking ahead and seeing the sky darken, I stacked up some firewood up by the house and out of the reach of the rain.  I built a nice fire, put on the kettle, my husband settled in to spend the day writing and I started to work on a couple of paintings that I have been playing with lately.  The one pictured here was started after seeing some beautiful clouds right before sunset the other night.  Fortunately I was near a great vantage point and could pull off the road and snap some photos before coming home.  I was also in the mood for a portrait so I kind of combined them both.

I always think it is a good idea to take small breaks from your work as you move through the process.  It gives you some needed distance and hopefully you will gain a truer perspective on what is working and what is not working for you. And that is why I thought I would stop, snap a photo or two and blog for a minute.  Well gotta get back to the fun.



No comments: