Monday, September 08, 2014

Peonies

To Bid or Purchase
In person the background is a bit more brilliant.  It is sometimes hard to get the camera to be accurate and then to adjust the photo so the reds are right ( which they are more brilliant as well ) takes the blues in a different direction.  Ok, so enough excuses...It is just because I really love this painting and want to show it in it's best light... but I am also lazy and do all my photographing myself.  :-)  Anyways I love the time of year that I can paint peonies.  I paint them as if they are going out of style and in a way, they kind of are as they are around for such a short time that one must paint quickly if you are to capture their beauty before they fade.  This one and several smaller ones are on auction and fixed price on my ebay gallery site this week.  to bid, click above

No comments: