Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pears from my Art Grab Workshop at AHHA

In Tulsa we have this new, amazing art center called AHHA.  I was invited to do several workshops there throughout the year.  I introduce adult students to oil painting by setting up a simple still life that can be completed within 2 hours.  Ok, so my first one took a few minutes past 2 hours but I had some great students who were primed to learn, who listened and followed directions excellently.  They did a great job, learned a lot about the process, and all went home with a small painting that they could be proud of.  I worked very quickly as I demonstrated the process to them step by step.  This is what I ended up with, and I must say, I love it!  I put it on auction this week on ebay.  It is an 8x8 oil on canvas.

No comments: